Ample Scientific Champion E-33 Bench-Top Centrifuge with 0-30mins Timer, 3300rpm Speed, 15ml Rotor
- Fixed-speed centrifuge spins at 3,300 revolutions per minute (rpm) and produces a relative centrifugal force (RCF) of up to 1,350 g
- Fixed-angle 45-degree polycarbonate (PC) bucket rotor can spin up to eight 15 mL test tubes, or eight 7 mL test tubes with included small tube sleeve inserts
- Temperature-controlled brushless motor automatically stops accelerating when unit is open or when the motor begins to overheat, extending centrifuge life
- Maximum operating noise level of 65 decibels (dB) for maintaining a quiet workspace
- 0 to 30 minute analog timer
The Ample Scientific E-33 Champion fixed-speed benchtop centrifuge spins at 3,300 revolutions per minute (rpm) and produces a relative centrifugal force (RFG) of 1,350 g, and it has a fixed-angle rotor for general-purpose use in wet laboratories and physician’s offices. The fixed-angle 45-degree 8-place polycarbonate (PC) rotor can spin up to eight 15 mL test tubes, or eight 7 mL test tubes with included small tube sleeve inserts. The temperature-controlled brushless motor automatically stops accelerating when the unit is open or when the motor begins to overheat, extending the life of the centrifuge. The unit has a maximum operating noise level of 65 decibels (dB), which helps maintain a quiet workspace, and its analog timer can be set from 0 to 30 minutes.
This centrifuge is not refrigerated or heated. The unit is made from impact- and wear-resistant acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and has a clear plastic lid. It has a small footprint and can sit on top of a workbench, and it comes with large suction feet to keep the unit stable and reduce vibration during operation. The unit includes eight 15 mL test tube buckets, eight 7 mL small tube sleeve inserts, eight protective semicircular rubber inserts for stabilizing test tubes, and one replacement fuse. The manufacturer provides a one-year warranty on registered new products.
|Speed||3,300 rpm, fixed|
|Timer||0 to 30 minutes, analog|
|Max. noise level||65 dB|
|Size||12.60 x 12.60 x 12.60 inches (W x D x H)|
|Rotor||Fixed-angle 45-degree polycarbonate|
|Rotor tubes||(8) 15 mL, or (8) 7 mL with sleeves|
W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back; H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point.
A centrifuge is used to spin fluids of different densities to separate various parts, commonly blood and DNA samples. Centrifuges are composed of the main body or housing and a spinning rotor. Tubes of cellular material suspended in liquid are inserted into the rotor and spun at various speeds to separate components. Centrifuges are used in medical, industrial, and research laboratories, as well as academic and clinical settings.
Ample Scientific manufactures microscopes, centrifuges, and other lab equipment. The company, founded in 1985, is headquartered in Norcross, GA.
What’s in the Box?
- Ample Scientific E-33 Champion centrifuge
- (8) 15 mL test tube buckets
- (8) 7 ml test tube buckets
- (8) protective semicircular rubber inserts
- (1) replacement fuse